Terms and Conditions for “Pay tax and get up to HK$900 Spending Rebate Promotion”
Terms & Conditions for “Enjoy up to HK$600 Spending Rebate with Citi Mastercard®” (“Offer 1”)
- Unless otherwise specified, this Promotion is valid from November 9, 2020 till February 28, 2021, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period"). All payments and Eligible Retail Transactions (as defined in Clause 8) (based on transaction date) must be completed within Promotion Period.
- Offer 1 applies to cardholders ("Cardholders") of Citi Mastercard Credit Card (including Citi Prestige Card, Citi PremierMiles Mastercard, Citi Cash Back Mastercard, Citi Rewards Mastercard and Citi Clear Mastercard) issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") ("Eligible Cards").
- Offer 1 is only applicable to the Eligible Retail Transactions and the payment of Salaries Tax for the 2019/2020 tax year made with any Eligible Card accounts during the Promotion Period ("Tax Payment"). Payments for Tax Reserve Certificates, Business Registration or Stamp Duty are not applicable.
- To be eligible for Offer 1, Cardholders are required to make successful registration once via one of the following channels within the Promotion Period: (1) register at citibank.hk/taxpay1; (2) register at designated website mentioned in the promotional SMS; or (3) register via Citi Mobile App (“Registered Cardholders:”). Principal Cardholders of Eligible Cards are required to register one of the credit card accounts of his/her Eligible Cards ("Registration"). Only the first 15,000 successfully registered Cardholders are eligible to participate in this promotion (“Registered Cardholder”). Upon Registration, all Eligible Card accounts under the same Principal Cardholder will be automatically registered. Registration with supplementary card is not accepted.
- Registered Cardholders will be entitled to Spending Rebate (“Spending Rebate”) upon making accumulated Tax Payment of at least HK$30,000 (“Accumulated Tax Payment Amount”) through Citibank Online Banking or Citi Mobile App and accumulate Eligible Retail Transaction spend of HK$1,000 or above during the Promotion Period with any Eligible Cards (“Eligible Cardholders”). Please refer to the below table for details:
|Spending Requirement within the Promotion Period to enjoy Offer 1 (HK$)
||Accumulated Tax Payment Amount (HK$)
||Entitled Spending Rebate (HK$)
|Accumulate Eligible Retail Transaction spend of HK$1,000 or above
|$200,000 or above
- The processing of a tax payment transaction through Citibank Online Banking or Citi Mobile App will take at least 3 to 5 working days. The tax payment transaction is subject to Eligible Card account status checking, the available credit limit and the final discretion of Citibank.
- Cancellation / Changes of the tax payment transaction are not allowed once confirmed. In any circumstances that the tax payment cannot be processed, Citibank is not responsible or liable for any claim or loss, and delay in refund of credit balance from the Inland Revenue Department unless it results from any negligence or willful default on Citibank’s part.
- Eligible Retail Transactions include posted retail transactions and monthly installments of newly billed interest free installment plans that are posted during the Promotion Period conducted in Hong Kong or overseas made with any Eligible Card accounts or via Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay during the Promotion Period.
Ineligible retail transactions including but not limited to “Dynamic Currency Conversion transactions”, i.e. transactions with conversion from a foreign currency into Hong Kong Dollars involved at the point of the transaction, purchase of cash vouchers, purchase/add value of gift cards, purchase/reload of stored value cards, traveler’s checks, foreign exchange transactions using Credit Card (for example but not limited to Forex.com, etc.), withdrawal amount/loan amount under the Balance Transfer Program, Cash Conversion Program, “PayLite” Installment Program and “FlexiBill” Installment Program, Quick Cash Installment Program, payment to the Inland Revenue Department, bill payment, utilities bill made with credit card via internet banking or online payment system, all payments made by Citi PayAll, auto payment and recurring transactions, mutual funds payment, fees & charges, insurance transactions, casino transactions, unposted/cancelled/refunded transactions, other unauthorized transactions and fraud and abuse transactions are not eligible for this promotion.
- The promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other Tax Payment promotion.
- Each Eligible Cardholder (including the holder of principal and supplementary card(s) under the same Eligible Credit Card account; and/or those holding more than one principal Cards) is subject to a maximum of HK$600 Spending Rebate from Offer 1 throughout the entire Promotion Period.
- Cardholders who have registered during the Promotion Period and subsequently have their respective Mastercard Credit Card(s) replaced, renewed, report lost / stolen, all the eligible transactions made on the corresponding newly issued Mastercard Credit Card due to the scenarios mentioned above will be automatically considered in the eligibility of the promotion.
- Citibank will determine the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion as well as Eligible Retail Transactions and Accumulated Tax Payment Amount based on Citibank's record and at the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank. If the Eligible Cardholder is confirmed to be entitled to the Spending Rebate, the Spending Rebate will be credited to the latest registered Eligible Credit Card Account (or the corresponding newly issued Mastercard Credit Card as referred to Clause 11) on or before April 30, 2021 (“Fulfillment Period”).
- The Spending Rebate can be used for future credit purchases only and cannot be used to settle any previous outstanding balances, withdrawn as cash advance, nor be transferred or exchanged for cash or other offers.
- Cardholders must maintain valid Eligible Card accounts with good credit record during the entire Promotion Period and Fulfillment Period in order to be eligible for this promotion.
- Cardholders must keep and submit the relevant original credit card sales slips and original merchant sales receipts in respect of the Eligible Retail Transactions for inspection upon request by Citibank. All documents submitted to Citibank will not be returned.
- In case of any fraud/abuse/reversal or cancellation of transactions in respect of which Spending Rebate were awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder's Eligible Card account the equivalent amount of the Spending Rebate without prior notice.
- Citibank reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions without prior notice, all matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms & conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Terms and Conditions for “Turn tax payment transaction to installments and enjoy up to HK$300” (“Offer 2”)
- The promotional period is from November 9, 2020 until February 28, 2021(both dates inclusive). (“Promotional Period”). All Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan (as defined in clause 22) must be conducted during the Promotional Period.
- The Terms and Conditions of Citi Credit Card “FlexiBill” Installment Program and Citi Credit Card “PayLite” Installment Program (“the Program”) apply to all Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loans.
- Unless otherwise specified, this promotion applies to cardholders ("Cardholders") of Citi Credit Cards issued by Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited ("Citibank") ("Eligible Cards").
- Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan only includes the first 8,000 “PayLite” Installment Loan over the Promotional Period in relation to payment of Salaries Tax for 2019/2020 tax year with Eligible Cards (Payments for Tax Reserve Certificates, Business Registration or Stamp Duty are not applicable.) with approved loan amount of HK$30,000 or above and a minimum tenor of 12 months with an Eligible Card.
- Cardholders who successfully apply for an Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan (“Participants”) will be entitled to up to HK$300 Spending Rebate. Please refer to below details:
|Accumulated Approved Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan Amount (HK$)
||Spending Rebate Amount (HK$)
|$200,000 or above
- Participants will be entitled to Spending Rebate for all Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan approved during the Promotional Period (as defined in clause 23).
- Citibank will determine the eligibility of Cardholders to participate in this promotion as well as the transactions based on Citibank’s record, and at the sole and absolute discretion of Citibank. If relevant “PayLite” Installment Loan in relation to the tax payment transaction is verified by Citibank as Eligible “PayLite” Installment Loan, the Spending Rebates will be automatically credited to the Eligible Card account on or before April 30, 2021.
- This promotion can only be used in conjunction with “Turn your Citibank banking account/ATM/Debit Card transaction or Credit Card statement balance or transaction to installments and Earn up to 2% unlimited rewards each time!” program and cannot be used in conjunction with other special promotions.
- Participants’ Eligible Card accounts must be valid and with good credit record during the Promotional Period and the fulfillment period in order to be eligible to receive the Spending Rebate. Otherwise Citibank reserves the right to forfeit the Spending Rebate without prior notice.
- During the Promotional Period and the fulfillment period, if the Participant is found to have made early settlement of the loan under the Program OR cancel the relevant Citi Credit Card used to draw down the loan under the Program that won the Spending Rebate prior to the final repayment date of the loan under the Program, Citibank reserves the right to debit the amount equivalent to the Spending Rebate from the Participant’s credit card account or other accounts with Citibank (if applicable).
- In case of any fraud/abuse/reversal or cancellation of transactions in respect of which the Spending Rebate was awarded, Citibank reserves the right to debit from the Cardholder’s Eligible Card account the equivalent amount of the Spending Rebate without prior notice.
- Citibank reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or withdraw or terminate this promotion at its discretion without prior notice and Citibank accepts no liability for such amendment, withdrawal or termination. All matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of Citibank.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail. If there is any discrepancy between the promotional materials and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall apply and prevail.
- No person other than the Participant and Citibank will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.